The theme of the Conference is: “Advancing Heavy Haul Technologies and Operations in a Changing World”.
438 Abstracts have been submitted under this Theme and the related Sub-themes listed below. The Technical Committee has now completed the review process for all that were submitted. Notifications have been sent to all authors.
If your Abstract has been accepted for an Oral or Poster Presentation you are required to complete and upload the Full Technical Paper or Poster.
Authors that did not receive notifications regarding their abstracts should contact the Secretariat for clarification
You have to prepare your paper according to the Technical Paper Template and guidelines and then submit your paper online.
Click HERE to download the TECHNICAL PAPER Template.
Click HERE to Upload FINAL PAPERS
A standard presentation template with guidelines has been designed for this conference. To ensure uniformity, all presenters are required to use this template for their presentation.
Click HERE to download the PRESENTATION TEMPLATE Template.
The Conference will include Streams that focus on:
Vehicle Track Systems
- Vehicle/track Interaction
- Wheel/rail interface analysis, optimisation and management
- Safety and derailment prevention
- Condition monitoring
- Vehicle/Track Systems and Optimisation
- Track maintenance
- Track component performance
- Longitudinal stresses in rails
- Rail welding
- Special track work
- Track geometry
- Increasing axle loads on existing infrastructure
- Construction and maintenance standards
Bridges & Tunnels
- Bridge management systems
- Bridge rehabilitation and strengthening
- Bridge loading
- Structural Health monitoring of bridges
- Condition and structural performance assessment
- Tunnel operations, management and maintenance
- Network Capacity and Operational Efficiency
- Long haul trains
- Train control and capacity optimisation
- Heavy Axle Loading (HAL) Economics
- Electrification technology
- Security and Safety
- Service Reliability
- Wheels, axles & bearings
- Wagon design and maintenance
- Brake systems
- Detector-based wagon maintenance
Motive Power, Traction and Energy Efficiency
- High horsepower Locomotives
- Locomotive maintenance and reliability
- Traction power supply
- Environment, Energy, and Sustainability